Monday, September 16, 2013

Open Letter to Heritage Christian Fellowship



Brothers and sisters,

I know that this is very late and long overdue, since we have lived in Florida almost three months.  It has been so long in coming because I didn’t think I could have proper perspective on everything until now.  Who knows, maybe I still don’t.  For someone who doesn’t cry easily, it has been difficult for me to not tear up, even now writing this.

Anyway, I could never fully articulate my personal thankfulness to God for the body of Heritage Christian Fellowship and the deep friendships I and my family have developed there over the past 9 years – and beyond.  I cannot contain my gratitude that God would grant Danielle and me salvation and all that goes with it under the preaching ministry of Pastor Tim, as he taught through the book of James, all those years ago!

My heart overflows and is humbled that God would use Pastor Shaan and Carrol James to the degree that he has in Danielle and my spiritual formation early on and throughout the last 9 years. 
I also praise God for the love, guidance, and godliness and friendship of pastors Brandon, Richard, Harry and Terry over the years. 

We were overwhelmed (and still am) by the love of Christ through so many at the memorial service for Danielle’s  grandmother, Polly a few years ago…Blown away by so many who were so quick to jump in and help, and sing and  encourage and cook.

I am blown away by the love and ministry of so many in the body of Christ at Heritage who have ministered selflessly and joyfully to my entire family.  I am encouraged and edified by the godly examples we had surrounding us day in and day out.  I cannot name every name of all who have blessed our family and even now continue to do so.

Danielle and I have also been privileged to minister to and alongside everyone there.  I am so thankful and greatly humbled to have had the many opportunities to teach, serve, learn and grow alongside you all.  We have been extremely blessed to have shared in trials, afflictions, good times and bad times with many saints at Heritage.  The laughter and the tears, as well as great discussion about things of the Lord, the many bible studies, and being part each other’s lives have been tremendous blessings to us as well.  The fellowship has been sweeter than we could even imagine.  God has been so gracious to us in so many ways I can’t even begin to count them all!  The many friendships that God has brought into our lives will carry through, even though location has changed.

I praise God for the elders’ desire to hold firmly to the Truth that God has revealed in Scripture and the determination to teach and preach it boldly and unashamedly, yet patiently and lovingly.  Thank you for instilling this in the Ferreri family!

I also want to thank Rich and Suzy for their great hospitality and love and friendship in hosting our going-away party and the many other fellowships we attended at their home.  I’ll even miss Suzy giving me a hard time every I said “yep!” or amen to a particularly profound point during Tim’s sermons!  I could go on and on, but will stop for now.  Again, there is no way I could ever express our love, joy and gratitude for all that the Lord has done through HCF in our lives over the years.
The deep and profound love of Christ through Heritage in our lives has been truly life-changing.  HCF has always been and will continue to be “home” for us.  We pray for God’s continued blessing and favor upon the body of Heritage in your ministering to each other and to the community around you.  May God continue to be glorified in the love, fellowship and ministry of Heritage Christian Fellowship!  

We love you all dearly and miss you immensely!

In Christ’s love,
Greg, Danielle, Matt, Jake and Joey Ferreri

3 comments:

  1. So very sweet is the fellowship of the Body of Christ!!!! and will be abundantly sweeter, beyond our greatest dreams, in heaven FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to His Son. I have known this love through certain church like Heritage.

    God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete